You have decided you want a company video and need to employ a video production company. Unless you know exactly what you want and how you want it developed, choosing a production corporation can be a daunting method. Issuing a request for proposal (RFP) can be the very best signifies of sourcing video production talent if you are looking for input from experts – some new concepts on how ideal to convey your message. By giving the production enterprise details in important places you will be supplying vital information and facts necessary for a meaningful quote. Right here are some recommendations and essential info for your RFP:
1. In your RFP give a brief outline of the video objective – to generate much more internet leads, to educate viewers about a new product or process, to make excitement around a new item launch, and so forth. This will help the video company identify your goals and objectives.
two. Give an estimate of the length of the video. Bear in mind, less is extra, particularly with web video. Intro enterprise promo videos are very best kept 2-3 minutes extended. Educational videos can be longer but normally maintain in mind the video should really be focused and hold the viewers’ interest. If you want your video to cover two distinct subjects look at generating two separate short videos. Delivering the video length(s) will give the producer information needed for quoting.
3. Specify the shooting place – your workplace or plant or do you need a studio?
4. What is the needed style of your video? The video could be a item demo, testimonial interviews, message from the President, item comparisons…detail as a great deal as you can.
five. Who will be in the video? Staff members, plant employees, happy buyers, specialist actors?
six. Do you demand skilled narration or will business employees deliver the dialogue and narration?
7. What is your timeline? When do you want the completed solution?
8. What are the deliverables? DVD, Blu-ray, YouTube or Flash Video, Broadcast or a combination of formats?
9. Do you have a budget in mind? This may possibly sound at first like you are opening a Pandora’s box, on the other hand, if you envision a video with high production excellent but never give information that would lead the producer to this conclusion the producer may quote on a production level that doesn’t meet your expectations. A single way about this is to ask for production worth possibilities. For example, with a budget of $2000 (or less) what can you offer? What can you offer for $4000 or $10000?
Constantly recommend how you want the RFP response structured. For the sake of comparing responses you might ask the quoted price tag stated in the cover page. You may perhaps have a detailed list of information and facts necessary in a unique order such as:
Cover Letter, Get in touch with Information and facts, Production Crew, Project Production Technique, Operate Program, Relevant Project Experience, 3 Buyer References, Detailed Quote, DVD Demo Reel
Normally state the RFP closing date and time for responses, how responses ought to be delivered (tough copy, e mail or each) and that late responses will not be regarded as.
Have you seen a video style you genuinely like? If so, supply a hyperlink so the Producer can get a greater concept of what you want.
For bigger projects you can ask for:
• A Video Therapy. A treatment is a statement of the project displaying that the producer understands what you want to realize with your video and provides a summary how the video will be developed.
• A detailed function strategy showing milestones at definite dates that you provide.
• Equipment list. This might support you decide which producer has the greater tools to do the job. If you or a member of your RFP group are not familiar with video/photographic equipment this could be meaningless information. Retain in mind many pros do not personal all their equipment – they rent it to preserve pace with the newest and most current readily available. corporate video Toronto could ask what equipment they would use and how this would add to the general production level of the project.
• Risk Mitigation. Determine the probable regions of danger and what plans will be in location to decrease danger. This could cover crew replacement in case of illness, unfavourable weather situations and if something takes place, ‘what is Plan B’?
• You can even state your scoring program for responses, for example 20% for knowledge with comparable projects, 20% project price, 20% consumer references, 20% demo reel, 10% completeness of response, ten% understanding of project and quality of response.
What to look for in a video RFP response? Here are crucial areas to aid you decide on your ‘preferred producer’.
• Did the producer total the response in your needed format? If the response is incomplete, did not arrive ahead of the deadline or not in your stated format this should speak volumes.
• Has the Producer worked on equivalent projects? Do they have some understanding of your corporation, item or service? Does it appear they researched your business just before they produced a written response – did they do their homework?
• Examine their video treatment, technique and operate plan. You are hiring specialists who can bring you fresh suggestions. A producers’ inventive talent is their greatest asset. How can they apply it to your project?